viernes, 21 de octubre de 2011

Insomnia


I started drinking coffee when I was a little girl. I used to finish my mom's cup. Well, I have to say that my mom drinks white coffee, which in fact it's like a cup of milk with some drops of coffee. That's how I got used to the effects of caffeine. 
Little by little, as I grew older, the amount of milk was reduced and, suddenly, the cup I was holding contained what almost was a black coffee. People told me that I drank too much coffee for a teenager.  
Now, while I spend another sleepless night, I go to the kitchen, make some coffee and lean out the window smoking an imaginary cigarette. I hear the little baby's crying coming from upstairs and I wonder if he also suffers from insomnia. Then, I try to get some rest and I repeat to myself for the umpteenth time that that was the last cup.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario